Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hope for the Lost

I lost my blazer. More than that, I lost:


  • Warmth. It is insanely cold here.
  • Inconspicuousness. I am now very visible.
  • Trendiness. My uniform does not look as nice without it.
And it's only been almost 5 hours! Sigh...

Everytime I lose something, my mind automatically plays this line from an OST of a Sandra Bullock flick: "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone...."

God knows how many things (and people) I have lost in my lifetime. Some through my own fault, others by accident, and still some by choice (applicable to people only). Still, I believe that for every loss, there wil be a gain, regardless of whether it is tangible or not.

I cannot and do not intend to promise not to lose anything anymore. I will try my best, though. If and when I do lose something or, God forbid, someone again, I will make sure that I do not lose the lesson.

There is hope that my blazer and I will be reunited, you know. I can still go back to where I think I could've left it. On the other hand, there is a difference when we talk about wisdom, love, relationships, people, respect, faith, dignity, happiness, and truth. These are things in life that one cannot afford to lose. But when you do lose one of these things, there will always be hope of finding it again.

Hope shines eternal.

No comments: